"This illness is to fatigue,
what a match is to a nuclear bomb.
It's an absurd mischaracterization!"
~Laura Hillenbrand

Pages

December 27, 2008

And the Show Goes On!!

"Winter Sunset"
(c) M Pruitt 2008

Hurray! There is still a ton of snow, and because they plowed our street we can't get the car in and out of the driveway without also shoveling. But the freeways are clear and Nutcracker is ON this weekend!!! Bill and I volunteered to help out on Tech crew because they are short quite a few people and many newbies are working tech.

It was a slippery ride down the side street to the theater yesterday, but we made it and had a long fun filled day.

I filled in for a missing dancer during the morning dress rehearsal for the Party scene. What fun to be on stage again. But after that, along with the rest of ACT I tech work in the wings, I felt like I'd gone to the gym twice! Thankfully, everyone could tell, and they moved me to the lightboard, where I can sit in a nice comfy chair and even put my feet up if needed. (pictures of me at the light board and headset coming tomorrow)

I spent several hours laying on the floor with my ipod, but I made it through the day and the first performance went very well, with one particular dancer looking absolutely awesome! (pictures coming tomorrow)

The biggest problem for me is this, uncontrollable, exercise intolerance. The new injections I've been doing the past two months have given me a little more energy and stamina, but my cells still don't seem to be able to handle physical exercise.

I'm going to do some research so I can write a knowledgeable blog on this concept of exercise intolerance, because I know that hardly any of you reading this can understand it. I even had a friend today - who has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - say to me, "Well of course, in time, you will feel better after exercising."

That is sweet encouragement, but in my case, just not true. Unless we figure out the cause and treat the cause, I am never going to feel better after physical exercise. It's a very different thing than being "out of shape". That's why it's called "intolerance". Not everyone who has ME/CFS also has exercise intolerance, but there is some excellent research proving how the body reacts differently to exercise in a subset of ME/CFS compared to normal people who are out of shape. I obviously fall into this subset.

Thankfully, we were able to come home early today and I am about to put on a horse movie I got for Christmas and just relax. (Hopefully I can stay awake until bedtime... we picked up hamburgers on the way home and I fell asleep in the car waiting for Bill to bring them back out to the car!)

With all this snow, I keep painting snow scenes... go figure! The painting up above is an ACEO that is currently for sale in my Etsy store (click here)
I hope you'll come by tomorrow and check out some of the pictures I have to share from Nutcracker!

Many blessings to you all at the during this last week of 2008!


No comments:

Post a Comment