"This illness is to fatigue,
what a match is to a nuclear bomb.
It's an absurd mischaracterization!"
~Laura Hillenbrand

Pages

October 21, 2007

What is Melanie up to?


I really struggle in getting these blogs out. My days don't hold a lot of distinction and I wonder what kinds of things my blog readers would like to hear about.

So I thought I'd start just posting some short posts... "What I did today" or "What I thought about"...

This morning is Sunday. I'm currently listening to my iPod with a variety of music by David Crowder, Chris Tomlin and a variety of other worship songs.

I listened, online, to Bill's sermon from last week. I thought about one of the songs I have on my iPod. "When God Ran" (sung by Phillips Craig and Dean). Here's a beautiful YouTube video with the song:(you'll have to pause the "Background Music" on the right to watch it)




I like to needle felt while I listen to sermons. So I worked on a new Wool Painting - a fall leaf on a dark brown background. I'll post it when it's done.

But my eyes are very dry and stinging today so it's hard to focus on such details. I don't know why this is - except - I am in the midst of weaning off all my medications in preparation for my trip to Vanderbilt. I have to be off all medications that affect my any part of my nervous system - but especially the Autonomic nervous system. Maybe this is why... I don't know.

What will the rest of my day hold?

Well, I have several autumn watercolor paintings planned in my head. I have one ACEO sketched. But I don't know if I'll be able to focus and do any of these or not... we'll have to see. I know I'll watch some football and some Little House on the Prairie. We've checked the DVD's out from the Library which has been fun.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday.

Love




PS: The painting above is my second Oil Pastel Painting! I finished it last week. You can check out my eBay store to see if it's still available for purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Melanie, I cannot even imagine going off all meds. That scares the you know what out of me (and my doctor, which is why I have never been able to go do such studies).
    Your painting is, as always, beautiful.
    When is your departure date for Vandy? Will you have email or phone there so that we can help you get through the days?
    Right now my mom and I are struggline a lot b/c she can't do much so we are really just barely managing!
    I haven't seen your 'dot' for a long time, and I miss it!
    I love you,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete