"This illness is to fatigue,
what a match is to a nuclear bomb.
It's an absurd mischaracterization!"
~Laura Hillenbrand

Pages

October 25, 2007

Frenzy and Fall

THE FRENZY:

Yesterday, when I turned on my computer, I was very concerned by the look of the screen as it booted up. I'm worried I may be losing my hard drive... again.

So... I began running diagnostics and found an error... but to complete the diagnostics I have to use a disc that came with my computer.

I love my laptop, but I must admit, I've been through two hard drive crashes - both covered by the warranty - but a pain all the same. So, I've kept these discs in a special place for several years now.

Well, wouldn't you know... I went to find them and they arent' there!

As it turned out, I had an amazing amount of energy yesterday. So, I began cleaning. Then I began searching for these diagnostic discs. I cleaned and cleaned until I was so tired I was ready to drop. I had an amazing cleaning frenzy... something I haven't done in a long time.

No... I didn't find the discs. But I feel so good getting some organization done AND, I also got two ACEO's begun. One watercolor and one Oil Pastel.

I went to bed and awoke with a horrible headache, achy joints and sore muscles (probably from cleaning LOL)

THE FALL:

Well, unfortunately, the energy spell only lasted a day. I awoke totally wiped out. It's disappointing to sleep through the night and awake feeling more tired than when you fell asleep. This is one of the issues that we will be addressing with the doctors at Vanderbilt.

But, though I still haven't found the computer discs, and I was completely worn out today, I really enjoyed my day. I love autumn and it was a cool sunny fall day today. I have a lovely fall smelling candle burning, and I was able to complete those two ACEO's!

So... as I say goodnight - I'll share one of the ACEO's with you. It's called "Autumn Romp". I painted it from a reference picture taken by another artist on WetCanvas! (a wonderful website for artists). It's the first horse I've ever tried to paint. It really reflects the feeling of the weather here today!

Click here to see it on eBay

Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment