"This illness is to fatigue,
what a match is to a nuclear bomb.
It's an absurd mischaracterization!"
~Laura Hillenbrand

Pages

October 5, 2007

Strength


"Strength"
ACEO - Oil Pastel

I don't often create abstract - but every once in a while it just seems to come out. This is my first attempt at using Oil Pastels. As I began, I knew I wanted to paint a cross - as I listened to a new worship CD a dear friend has sent me. But what exactly it would look like I didn't know.

It's titled "Strength". Though the cross at first appears to be falling over, you can see it's solidness in the shadow. And the clouds over head, though darkening the sky, are highlighted with bright gold and sunlit streaks are allowed through. The golden streaks appear as rain - and yet are lit up like sunshine.

Though life is difficult and we may face unexpected trials, the power of God is strong and holds us secure. This irony - things look bad, but God has a good plan - is what this piece of art represents.

I continue to hold onto this hope. Here are the words of a song on my new CD that have really encouraged me this week...




Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer
words by Margaret Becker
music by Keith Getty - recorded by Keith and Kristyn Getty
www.gettymusic.com

Jesus, draw me ever nearer
As I labor through the storm;
You have called me to this passage,
And I'll follow, though I'm worn.

May this journey bring a blessing.
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With Your likeness let me wake.

Jesus guide me through the tempest
Keep my spirit staid and sure;
When the midnight meets the morning,
Let me love You even more.

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go-
And at the end of this long passage,
Let me leave them at Your throne.


Another friend sent me this wonderful YouTube video I also wanted to share. It's beautiful and creative art! Enjoy!!


The "Strength" ACEO is up for auction - Click Here

1 comment:

  1. I love stopping by your blog. Thank you for sharing this hands video. It is very touching.
    I also so enjoy your artwork. I was inspired to finally get out my own paints and do a little doodling.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete