"This illness is to fatigue,
what a match is to a nuclear bomb.
It's an absurd mischaracterization!"
~Laura Hillenbrand

Pages

June 19, 2007

Somewhere Over The Rainbow....

***You might want to click on the third song of my musical journey for this post***



I awoke to a beautiful summer day! (except the loud trucks outside putting in a new water line LOL). I do hope to spend some time sitting outside on my lounge chair today (thank you for the idea April!)

You know, hope in God is a mysterious and wonderful thing. If we are quiet - don't try to fight our own battles - hope and trust in his plan and timing... amazing things can happen.

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW... SKIES ARE BLUE

Because it involves other people's lives and careers, I don't feel at liberty to share my whole story about this past week with you all. But God heard my cries and he was faithful and held me firmly in his grasp. He is my rock.

Yesterday, while my energy lasts, my daughter Ellen and I decided to take an outing together. We went to Kohl's (didn't see you there Gina LOL).

(I actually have quite a bit of energy right now... mostly I think because I was given a high volume of IV saline and potassium all week, which increases my blood volume for a short time)

But just as we began shopping, my cell rang. It was my PCP - my favorite doctor in the world. (I've seen her for 18 years... she birthed 2 of my children and literally saved my life in the second birth) I told her only the top layer of what had happened. She was appalled. She began making calls and is quickly looking into the mistakes, the accusations and she clarified many things for me which has helped my emotional pain immensely.

I do feel badly now, as I know at least one person is going to be in a lot of trouble. I know... I was the mistreated one... but somehow I can't help feeling sorry for the one who was at fault.

My outing yesterday was so therapeutic and fun! I have only been able to wear soft stretchy sweat pants because all of my regular jeans and pants button over the spot that is very painful in my stomach - which flares up a full day of pain. So Ellen helped me find some "stylish" jeans... low rise and flare at the bottom... she's my style expert. She bought summer clothes and then we topped it off with a Frappucino at Starbuck's. We sat outside and talked and I let the sun and cool fresh air revive me.

Proverbs says "Raise up a child in the way he should go, and he will never stray from it."

I must say in this post that I am so very proud of Ellen. She has become such a beautiful woman of God - so encouraging and supportive and fun to be with. And... as she knows... she was not an easy child to raise! LOL! But her love for Jesus has brought her to a place in life where His light shines through her eyes, through her actions and her very presence. Her willingness to shop with and spend time with her old mom was such a gift - through Ellen, from God.

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW....

Sometimes we dream about life being different than it is. But really, the other side of the rainbow is right here, because God is right here!

As a closing, as I've been thinking about rainbows... I wanted to share with you my most recent Stretched Canvas painting. It took me hours and hours to paint... but the bright colors were like God's finger prints to me - every time I picked it up to work on it! The front view is up at the top... but here's how it looks from the side.






Thank you for all your prayers and support!

xox,
Melanie

3 comments:

  1. What an encouraging post! Thank you for sharing. I happend by after clicking the random button on the CWO blog ring.

    My daughter was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in February. We had some frustrating hospital experiences with her in March (they punctured her lung when trying to insert the TPN). Now we are working on living with UC - she's had to change her diet a bit and learn how to live with stress. She's also on mega doses of prednisone which we have been trying to slowly decrease only to raise it back up this week.

    More information that you needed to know I'm sure. I was just inspired by your positive message.

    You have beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, I was close to tears as I read this blog and listened to the song you chose. I praise God for your gift of energy (via IV fluids of course) this week and the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful weather and your time with your daughter.

    I praise God that you had a wonderful outing with Ellen. From my personal experience it is such an incredible gift to have a fabulous mom who loves God and is wonderful to spend time with and as I learn that and come to appreciate that more and more about my own mom I know your girls would agree with me about their mom! Your painting is beautiful. Thank you for your encouragement, you are in my thoughts and prayers. With love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am IN LOVE with this painting! It is so full of life. You are no 'beginner' as you call yourself! You're a master! :)

    ReplyDelete