"This illness is to fatigue,
what a match is to a nuclear bomb.
It's an absurd mischaracterization!"
~Laura Hillenbrand

Pages

September 4, 2008

What do I do with my time???

I've been able to get out a bit lately and it's been wonderful to connect with a few friends and say Hi to many of you!

One of the questions I've been asked the most is "What do you do with your time?"

I'm sure it can be hard to imagine what a person like me actually "does" all day!!!

As I've told a few of you, it greatly depends on the type of day I am having. It can range anwhere from just sleeping and watching a couple movies, to a good day of painting!

And even better, yesterday, I was able to make it out for the whole morning (with the help of extra meds) and attend all the parent meetings and preparations for Chris' classes.

Today, though, is my payback day. My body pays me back for taking a day like yesterday. I slept til 9:30, stayed in bed til noon (drinking tea and doing a few things slowly on my computer) then got up and finally got dressed and had made a quick sandwich before collapsing into my recliner!
My body hurts everywhere. I feel OK if I'm just sitting here, but my concentration is shot. No multi-tasking for me today!!!!

But it's not a sad today though. I am so happy I could do the things I needed to yesterday, even if my body does have to pay for it today!

Well... I thought you might enjoy seeing a recent painting I was able to complete on one of those good days!

In my Etsy store, TheCreatorsPalette, I have listed various sizes of customized paintings! (4x6, a 5x7, an 8x10, an 11x14 or a 12x16)

I had a customer who contacted me and asked if I could paint her house with her two boys sitting on the front door step. I had her email me a few pictures to evaluate and then gave her the thumbs up. So she purchased an 8x10 custom painting while I had them on sale this summer!

She gave me permission to put it on my blog and share it with all of you!

After she purchased the custom painting, we began emailing back and forth - confirming how much of the house to show, the colors of the siding, roof and brick and so on.

I had quite a few reference pics, but here is the reference picture I worked from the most.


I began painting, and emailed a few questions as I went. She helped me with the real color of the house, told me what was in that dark shadowed corner etc. It all came together quite smoothly! My customer was thrilled with the completed picture! In fact, after seeing the scan I sent for her approval, she began talking to me about a second commission - even before she had received the actual painting! That is the best compliment she could have given me!!!

Here is the completed painting.




I'm finding that I really enjoy doing commissions. I really enjoy the interaction with my customers and I'm looking forward to the next commission with this customer!

Well, thanks for reading my rambling today. I guess I'm off to watch a movie. But first I'd better heat up a rice bag ... my feet are freezing!!!!

Cheers!
~Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment