"This illness is to fatigue,
what a match is to a nuclear bomb.
It's an absurd mischaracterization!"
~Laura Hillenbrand

Pages

November 26, 2008

CPAP



Well, I was nervous, but last night I finally completed my CPAP fitting and sleep study.

I was scheduled last Thursday and ended up really sick, so it got postponed to last night. I was fitted with this very high tech, quiet and newest of the new CPAP masks! I am so thankful that I landed in such a quality place for Sleep help.

Not only is the Study center comfortable - with "Sleep Number" beds (yes I played around with the numbers again LOL) but they have a qualified technician who helped me pick the mask - will be available for questions and help without cost, and will automatically send me what I need to keep my machine clean and running well!

So... for the next four to six weeks.. I will be wearing this - every night.

Part of me feels disappointed - I had hoped my dysautonomia wouldn't come to this. But on the other hand, God has so richly blessed me that I can't be discontented and worry about the future.

So... as I am writing this blog very late - as a way of CPAP avoidance... my very tired eyes say "It's time". So goodnight - and may we all have a great night's sleep!



(and NO!!! You will not be seeing a picture of me wearing this! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment